Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sanctuary

Summer's faded glory
Lives on in winters grace
Like a sun warmed garden railing
Or the look upon your face
I wanted you so simple
I wanted you so wild
But in my clumsy longing
I turned into a child
Who lacks for understanding
And runs out in the snow
And expects the sun to find him
Wherever he will go, for today






The misty city skyline
Drifting in and out of range
And all those people bustling
Prisoners of their age
I search for something timeless
As when the world was new
Where a man is but a pillar
In the temple that is you
On a camel-laden journey
I will take the reins
And take you to my shelter
Where past has been reclaimed for today




Heavy like the iron
These simple homes were framed
I lord over the silence
These city streets contain
Waiting fir the lion
To roar out of the calm
And send my spirit quaking
Right back to your arms
Our private sanctuary
That lies in blood and bone
there comes the deepest slumber
Our souls have ever known for today

-D.B. Rocca, 2011





1 comment: