Tuesday, April 10, 2012

3 Quotes

"That's how it feels, as if I were an empty shell with something working through me...I can't command whatever speaks through me...I mean, I can't command it yet.  But I shall.  Some day I shall command this part of me that knows and sees, and that really will be power.  I shall know when what I fortell is human instinct, and when it is God's shadow."
-Mary Stewart

"Katagiri Roshi often used to say: 'Take one step off a hundred food pole.'  That's pretty scary, isn't it?  Finally you arrive at the top, and now you can't stay there.  You have to go ahead and step off the edge.  In other words, you can't rest on your success.  Or your failure.  Do not be tossed away by your achievements or your fiascoes.  Continue under all circumstances.  Actually, you don't know for sure that you will fall when you step off the hundred foot pole.  You may fly instead.  There are no guarantees one way or the other."
- Natalie Goldberg

"I refuse to be involved in anything that isn't full of beauty, truth, and grace."
-anonymous

 

No comments:

Post a Comment